Sunday, June 22, 2008

I tried twice to post a movie and each time it said it was loading for over on hour... it shouldn't take that long! The movie was of the storm that we had yesterday. It was the scariest storm that I have ever experienced. First the TV just said that there was a thunderstorm warning and to stay in the house and away from the windows. Then they added tornato warnings. I looked out the window and it was still sunny. Then out of nowhere I hear thunder. I go outside and there is lightening striking uncomfortably close followed by thunder that shook the whole appartment builing. I called Matt, the worrie wart that I am, to make sure that he wasn't in the storm. Then the rain started in sheets, with wind and man alive I thought that a hurricain had to be on its way. Once again I called Matt.... no rain yet. After it had been raining here for 30 min and it started to slow down Matt calles me and tell me that it was pouring where he was and that the lightening was really really close. Oh man... what a storm. No worries we are all alive and well!
Matt and I took a trip to visit his older sister Jennifer's grave here in Houston. We actually drove past the main part of Houston for the first time since we have been down here. We got lost trying to find the cemetery and stopped at a gas station to ask. The lady at the front was like yeah it is right there... lucky huh?


3 comments:

Kassey said...

I didn't know Matt has a sister baried in Texas. Interesting. I am glad you guys made it out of the storm all safe!! Love you

jes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jes said...

HEY!! YOU'RE BLOG IS SUPER CUTE!! IT SURE LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE HAVE TONZ OF FUN! AND LOTS OF ADVENTURES